Media Production & Games Design
Why choose BMet for Media Production & Games Design?
Media Production at BMet covers a wide range of digital and creative media areas such as film, television, radio, print and social media and looks at how these can be used cross platform. We encourage you to develop as content producers and as the course develops you’ll spend more time working in the media area that most interests you.
You’ll get to …
- Enjoy the benefit of using our professional facilities including our industry standard broadcast and radio suite and Mac suite.
- Get to work on live project briefs with local community and industry organisations such as social action and community media, music video, advertising, podcasts and short films.
- Work with our celebrated, industry experienced teaching staff who bring knowledge and current best practice to all of our courses.
Former students have gone on to careers or continuing study in media production including specialist media courses such as radio, film or print. Many graduates continue to study related courses like events management, marketing and advertising. Some of our former students are currently working on TV shows such as Doctors, Britain’s Got Talent and Take Me Out, while others have set up own their own production companies in photography, moving image production and many more are working in local, national or community radio.
BMet has led the way in delivering Games Design in the Midlands since 2007. The courses fuse traditional and digital art techniques to design characters, assets and environments for computer games. You are encouraged to experiment with a variety of techniques and hone your own, individual style and build a portfolio to aid your progression into the games industry.
You’ll get to …
Use the latest industry standard professional level software including Adobe CC and Autodesk Maya
Learn to create professional level assets such as characters, vehicles, environments and objects for current gen platforms such as PC, Playstation and Xbox.
- Utilize traditional and digital art and design techniques to fulfil creative ‘live’ briefs
- Produce 3D models of game assets
- Work with our industry experienced staff to grow as artists and developers.
Former students have gone on to careers or continuing study in a number of related courses and fields including: games design, game development, animation, game concept design, film and television visual effects, product design, illustration and automotive design.
Graduates are working in fields as diverse as games production, animation, 3D printing, architectural visualisation and teaching.