Media Production & Game Design
Why choose BMet for Media Production & Games Design?
Media Production at BMet covers a wide range of digital and creative media areas such as film, television, animation, radio, print, web, social media and look at how these can be used cross platform. We encourage you to develop as content producers and as the course develops you’ll spend more time working in the media area that most interests you. Courses are available at Matthew Boulton, Sutton Coldfield and James Watt Colleges.
You’ll get to …
- Enjoy the benefit of using our professional facilities including our industry standard broadcast and radio suite, green screen room and Mac suite.
- Get to work on live project briefs with local community and industry organisations such as social action and community media, music video, advertising, short films and magazines.
- We set-up student companies that simulate a real working environment – several of these have gone on to become real working companies post-graduation!
- Work with our celebrated, industry experienced teaching staff – recently awarded an Empire Award for Short Film – who bring knowledge and current best practice to all of our courses.
- Former students have gone on to careers or continuing study in media production including specialist media courses such as radio, film or print.
- Many graduates continue to study related courses like events management, marketing and advertising.
- Some of our former students are currently working on TV shows such as Britain’s Got Talent and The X Factor, while others have set up own their own production companies in photography, moving image production and many more are working in local, national or community radio.
BMet has led the way in delivering Games Design and Programming in the Midlands since 2007. Our courses are accredited by University of Arts London which means project based delivery using UAL specification ensuring you an interview at any UAL course at universities around the country!
You’ll get to …
Use the latest industry standard professional level software including Adobe CS, Autodesk Maya, Autodesk Motion Builder, Mudbox Unreal 4 and Construct 2.
Learn to create professional level asset such as characters, vehicles, environments and objects for current gen platforms such as PC, Playstation 4 and Xbox One.
- Work with 2D Games engines like Construct to develop gameplay and levels cross platform including web and mobile.
- Work on 3D games environments and levels using Unreal technology as used in Gears of War, Mass Effect and Dead Island.
- Work with our industry experienced staff to grow as artists and developers.
Former students have gone on to careers or continuing study in a number of related courses and fields including: games design, game development, animation, game concept design, film and television visual effects, product design, illustration and automotive design.
Graduates are working in fields as diverse as games production, animation, 3D printing, architectural visualisation and teaching.