Mission and Values
Our mission and values were developed in consultation with BMet staff, students and key stakeholders. They underpin everything that we do.
Vision, Values, Strategic Priorities
In developing our vision, values and strategic priorities, we have consulted with our staff, students and stakeholders. We believe that our vision and values provide clear direction for a college that is for Birmingham and at the heart of Birmingham.
Our Strap Line
Inspiring Futures, Realising Dreams.
We aim to provide excellent learning opportunities to serve the needs of Birmingham and the City Region.
- We are passionate to see our students achieve their full potential.
- We create an environment that is ready, respectful and safe.
- We see strength in our diversity and strive for equality of access and opportunity.
- We are inspired to be creative and continually develop our professional practice.
- We are three colleges, one team.
Our strategic priorities are to:
- be a significant contributor to skills development in Birmingham and the City Region;
- provide a consistently high-quality learning experience;
- equip our students for the future;
- be an inspiring place to work; and
- have a strong financial base to invest in a sustainable future for the college.
Strategic Annual Plan 2021/22
The college is responding actively to the key social, economic and policy changes that the Covid environment has brought about. We feel that now more than ever it is critical that BMet, in collaboration with our stakeholders and partners, responds quickly to provide the best opportunities to retrain and upskill, to give our students and the communities we serve the greatest chances to secure sustained employment. Click here to read the plan.
You can view all of BMet’s policies and procedures by clicking here.