Computer Science, Esports & ICT
Why choose BMet for Computer Science, Esports & ICT?
- Courses for computer science & ICT are available at Matthew Boulton and Sutton Coldfield Colleges.
- New for September 2021 at Sutton Coldfield College are Esports courses from Level 1 up to Level 3.
- Sutton Coldfield College offers an Esports Academy which you can apply for alongside your programme of study.
- Training can involve basic programming skills, designing websites, developing systems and exploring software engineering, network communications and systems analysis.
- IT courses are delivered in workrooms and labs.
- Our IBM Smarter Planet Collaboratory at Sutton Coldfield College, contains cloud-based social collaboration and networking tools offered by IBM collaboration software which will enhance the knowledge you gain during your studies with us.
- BMet has partnerships with IBM, Samsung, CISCO and other leading IT companies.
Sutton Coldfield College now offers Esports!
Esports is defined as organised competitive gaming, which is human versus human, either as individuals or in teams. The Esports industry is a fast-growing global industry.
These exciting new qualifications ranging from level 1 up to level 3 are ideal for those who love Esports and are keen to turn their hobby into an active career. Alternatively, you can join our Esports academy alongside your programme of study.
These courses will provide opportunity to progress with BMet on to higher level courses including apprenticeships, Higher National Diploma’s and degrees in Computer Science.
Career opportunities and roles in IT cover a wide range, our students have gone on to become: Cyber Security, Network Analyst, Programmer, Apps Designer, Games Developer/Designer, Multimedia designer, System Analysts, Data Mining, System Developers, Web Designers and more…
Those with IT qualifications can also pursue roles in computer games, apps design and multimedia.