Travel & Tourism
Why choose BMet for Travel & Tourism?
- Courses available at Sutton Coldfield College.
- Our travel and tourism qualifications give students the knowledge and skills required to pursue careers in tour operations, accommodation, promotion, hospitality and event planning.
- Our Airline Cabin Room gives you a real taste of the airline industry with passenger seating areas and aisles, plus in flight essentials such as beverage menus and oxygen masks.
- We work with Birmingham Airport to deliver our Aviation Operations Certificate with students training at the airport facilities one day per week.
- We have fantastic links with employers and students can apply for work experience and placements with a number of professional organisations.
- You will explore travel destinations and visitor attractions and gain a wealth of experience in how major travel companies work and how holidays are packaged to suit different groups of people.
Employment opportunities in travel and tourism, both in the UK and abroad are as varied and as exciting as ever. They include working as airline cabin crew, a business travel advisor and e-travel agent or following a career in visitor information, transport, events or tourism services.