Office for Students Transparency Return
Under the Office for Students Condition of Registration F1: Transparency Information the College is required to publish our Transparency Return each year.
The information published in the tables show:
- The number of applications for admission on to higher education courses that we have received.
- The number of offers we have made in relation to those applications.
- The number of those offers accepted and the number of those who have registered with us.
- The number of students who registered and went on to complete their course with us.
- The number of students who attained a particular degree or other academic award, or a particular level of such an award, on completion of their course with us.
They also show these numbers by reference to:
- The gender of the individuals to which they relate.
- Their ethnicity.
- Their socioeconomic background.
It is important to note that the data presented has not been contextualised. This means, for example, that you will not be able to see from this data how many of those applying to courses met the entry criteria. It is also the case that universities and colleges will often receive many more applications than they have spaces on courses, and so offer rates will necessarily be lower than application rates in those circumstances.
With regard to information that is split by the three characteristics of gender, ethnicity and socioeconomic background you will see that some figures may be highlighted. This is because those differences between groups of students with particular characteristics are notable.
2022 – Transparency Information
2021 – Transparency Tables (PDF)
Table 1a: Summary of applications, offers, acceptances and registrations for 2018-19 entrants
|Number of applications||Percentage of applications that received an offer||Percentage of applications that accepted an offer||Percentage of applications that led to a registration|
|EIMD quintile||1 and 2||70||50%||30%||20%|
|3 to 5||40||50%||40%||25%|
|EIMD quintile||1 and 2||30||20%||20%||15%|
|3 to 5||N||N||N||N|
Table 2a: Percentage of first degrees at grade 2:1 or above by characteristic for 2017-18 qualifiers
|EIMD quintile||1 and 2||N|
|3 to 5||N|