Higher Education Care Leaver Support
BMet Transitional Support
- You can contact the single point of contact by email HE@bmet.ac.uk for any pre-entry support and guidance, including support with your personal statement or applying to Student Finance
- You can attend our Open days or Applicant Taster days to hear from our teaching staff about learning at BMet. Travel reimbursement for attending open days is available for care leavers on a case by case basis, contact HE@bmet.ac.uk
- Schools/Colleges are able to access our full range of our outreach activities to support care leavers in making informed decisions about going to HE and to also raise aspirations and motivate students. Outreach activity list including work experience opportunities can be sent to schools/Colleges via email Simply email HE@bmet.ac.uk to request the list and book onto an activity.
- Care leavers will be allocated a member of our Admissions team or Outreach team as a single point of contact from application through to commencing studies at the college, supporting you with any queries or concerns that might arise
- We will also have a commitment to supporting students who find themselves in genuine financial hardship that might impact on their ability to continue a course at the college especially during this current crisis.
Please contact HE@bmet.ac.uk for further information.