Free Courses for Job Seekers
BMet offers short courses for people who are looking to get back into work. We support adult learners aged 19 years and above who are receiving either Job Seekers’ Allowance (JSA), Employment & Support Allowance (ESA), Universal Credit (UC) or Income Support.
We have a range of courses available all year round focused on the local job market. You can achieve a recognised qualification and learn new job skills. Please see below the latest dates of courses available here at BMet.
- ESOL (speaking and listening course)
- English For Work (improve spelling, grammar and comprehension from Entry 2 to Level 2)
- Maths For Work (learn practical maths skills- from Entry 2 to Level 2)
- Practical Horticulture Skills Level 1 (gardening skills from the Botanical Gardens)
- Basic IT Skills (Learn about emailing, job-searching online, basic word processing and more)
- Business Administration Level 1 (important office workplace skills)
- Health and Social Care Level 1 (foundation skills for working in the care sector)
- Cleaning and Facilities Level 1 (excellent training with information about products, chemicals and practical cleaning skills)
- Health and Safety at Work Level 2 (1 day course)
- Food Safety Level 2 (1 day course)
- Customer Service Level 1
- Rail Engineering Level 2
- Handing Medication Level 2
- Bricklaying Level 1
- Plastering Level 1
- Plumbing Level 1
- Electrical Skills Level 1
We also offer a range of Distance Learning Courses which can be studied from anywhere in the UK. These popular courses enable you to study for and gain recognised accreditation that is of value to your work and personal development.
If you are interested in starting a training course at BMet, please complete this form and we will respond with an invitation to see the tutor at the next enrolment date.
Call us on 0121 362 1174 to book onto a course and find out more (Lines open Monday to Thursday, 9am-5pm and Fridays, 9am-4pm). You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org