ACS Gas Assessment Centre
The ACS Gas Assessment and Training Centre is situated on the first floor of the James Watt College, Great Barr, Birmingham.
The Centre offers flexible initial assessment, re–assessment and training (if required) in Domestic Natural Gas and Domestic LPG.
These assessments are for existing gas operatives (re-assessment), and new candidates to the trade. Those with the necessary qualifications in Gas and Plumbing, and with transferable skills are also included.
- CCN 1 – Domestic Core Gas Safety
- CPA 1 – Domestic Combustion Performance Analysis
- CKR 1 – Domestic Cookers
- HTR 1 – Domestic Gas Fires & Wall Heaters
- CENWAT – Domestic Central & Water Heating
- LAU 1 – Domestic Laundry
- DAH 1 – Domestic Warm Air Heating
- MET 1 – Domestic Meters installation, commission, exchange and remove
- CoCDN 1 – Changeover Non-Domestic to Domestic Natural Gas
Liquefied Petroleum Gas
- CoNGLP 1PD – Changeover Domestic Natural Gas to LPG Permanent Dwellings.
- CoNGLP 1RP – Changeover Domestic Natural Gas to LPG Residential Park Homes
- CoNGLP 1LAV – Changeover Domestic Natural Gas to LPG Leisure Accommodation Vehicles
- CoNGLP 1B – Changeover Domestic Natural Gas to LPG Boats
Emergency Service Provider
- CMA 1 – Emergency Service Provider Domestic Gas Meter Installer
The Centre also offers Plumbing assessment and training on Unvented Hot Water Systems and Water Regulations.
The certification body for the above-mentioned awards is Blueflame Certification Ltd.
How to book
To make a booking or an enquiry, please call 0121 446 4545 extension 2267 .
Or for more information you can email – ACS-Gas@bmet.ac.uk
*Once a booking is made full joining details will then be issued via email.