Thinking about a career in Professional Services or Creative & Digital Industries? Career Colleges could be the answer.
Career Colleges increase the range and choice of vocational courses for 16-19 year olds. This unique and innovative model of education helps address the growing skills gap in the UK.
Career Colleges have carefully designed programmes, which incorporate academic study with highly practical vocational and technical education designed to equip you with the skills to enter a career in a particular industry.
The curriculum of each Career College is designed by employers, for employment. You’ll get involved in industry projects with live briefs and develop enterprise and communication skills to prepare you for work and life.
When can I start?
BMet will be offering two exciting programmes designed by employers to open up as many employment opportunities as possible. The two Career Colleges will specialise in Creative & Digital Technology and Professional Services. The programme enables our students on Digital Media courses, and those studying business looking to enter the professional services sector, to further enhance their employability skills. The Career Colleges include work placements and live briefs.
Why Professional Services Academy and why BMet?
At BMet you’ll benefit from our Greater Birmingham Professional Services Academy and our unique partnerships with some of the country’s leading organisations including: BNP Paribas, Deloitte, Deutsche Bank, Gateley PLC, KPMG, Lloyds Bank, Wesleyan and many more.
Find out more about our Professional Services Career College
Join us to study Professional Services
- Professional Services Diploma Level 2 Careers College
- Professional Services Diploma Level 3 Careers College
Why Digital Media and why BMet?
There are currently 1.56 million jobs in the Digital Tech economy with a £161bn turnover in 2014.
- Average advertised digital salary is almost £50,000
- Birmingham is in the top five employers of digital talent
- The industry accounts for around one tenth of the whole economy and provides jobs for more than 2.5 million people – more than in financial services, advanced manufacturing or construction
- The UK’s creative industries are one of our biggest success stories and contribute £8.8m an hour to the UK economy (Ed Vaizey MP, Minister of State for Culture and the Digital Economy).
At BMet, we have partnerships with some of the biggest employers in the creative sector.
Join us to study Digital Media and Creative Studies
- Computer Diploma Level 3
- UAL Art & Design Diploma Level 2
- UAL Graphic Design & Advertising Animation Diploma Level 3
- UAL Photography, Lens & Light-Based Image Diploma Level 3
Courses include pathways in Graphic Design, Advertising and Web Design, Games Development, 3D Animation and Architectural Visualisation, TV and Film Special Effects and Digital Video and Broadcast Media.
Find out more about Career Colleges by downloading ‘A Guide to Career Colleges for Prospective Students’