Art & Design
Why choose BMet for Art & Design?
- Courses available at Matthew Boulton and Sutton Coldfield Colleges.
- Specialise in animation, graphics, fashion, fine art, photography, textiles, illustration or 3D design.
- Matthew Boulton College contain mac labs and exhibition space for the teaching of graphic design. Students also work on live projects for real clients.
- The Outline Studios at our Sutton Coldfield College include vast workshop spaces and studios to help you specialise in the disciplines of fine art, illustration and textiles.
- All of our colleges offer courses accredited by UALAB (University of the Arts London Awarding Body).
- Students work is regularly exhibited both at the College and at public exhibitions, for example at mac Birmingham.
Employment in the UK’s creative industries is the fastest growing in the UK and the second largest industry after finance. 1 in 11 jobs in the UK are in the creative industries with over 3 million people employed across the sector. This makes studying on an Art & Design programmes very desirable.
Students that study on an Art & Design course acquire employability skills that are highly sort after by all employers; problem solving, team work, initiative and enterprise, independence, adaptability and coping with uncertainty to name just a few.
After completing an art and design course, students can go on to pursue careers as an animator, community arts worker or administrator, exhibition designer, fine artist, graphic artist, illustrator, printmaker, production designer or textile designer.