Clearing at BMet
From now until October 2021 you can apply to any of BMet’s range of university-level courses through Clearing, if you haven’t secured a place at university this year and you’re not already holding an offer from a college or university, and the course still has places available.
Don’t wait to find out if BMet has a place for you, contact our friendly Admissions Team on 073414 88035 to find out more.
Alternatively, you can email us on email@example.com to discuss your options.
Clearing hotline opening times
|From now until Friday 29 October 2021||9.00 am – 5.00 pm|
* The time shown above is subject to change depending on call volume and demand.
Why BMet for university-level study?
- Friendly environment – Ready, Respect, Safe! At BMet, you can expect to study in a friendly, supportive environment. Support will be on hand from your personal tutor, course lecturers and our student services team. Each of our sites also has its own careers advisor and counsellor who are there to provide advice, guidance and support during your studies.
- Smaller class sizes – Teaching at BMet also has the advantage of being carried out in smaller, university-style seminar groups – offering you plenty of one-on-one time with your tutor.
- Highly qualified staff – At BMet, our record of achievement is outstanding – with pass-rates above the national average every year. Much of that success comes down to expert tuition. Our teachers have worked for many years in industry before joining the college, and they are therefore able to relate the theory they are teaching to the business practices taking place in the real world.
- We are local – Good transport links across campuses in conveniently located and easily accessible by bus or rail (or both).
- Flexible entry requirements – If you do not have at Grade C/4 or above in GCSE Maths and English you may be able to gain these qualifications while studying on a course.
- Competitively priced – Courses are cheaper than what you would pay going directly to university – for example, BMet’s HNC’s are £5,500 for the academic year 2020-21 as opposed to £9,250.
- Employment opportunities – At BMet we have links to the business community via our apprenticeships with companies such as; NHS, Wesleyan, West Midlands Trains, University of Birmingham, BMW Group, Dixons (Carphone Warehouse) and Gately Plc.
- Excellent partnerships – Some courses are in partnership with top universities – Birmingham City University, University of Wolverhampton and University of Worcester. If you study a course which is awarded by one of our University partners, once enrolled you will have access to their premises and be able to use their facilities.
*** Some of our courses offer direct progression routes onto the final year of a degree programme at our University partner.
Student guide to results day
Prior to results day…
- Ensuring contact details are up-to-date is essential to be able to communicate effectively – this can be checked via UCAS Track and changed if necessary.
- Clearing is one step in the right direction to get you closer to your chosen career with the qualifications you have gained. To ensure you get the most out of this experience and for guidance on what to expect on results day please read through the content below.
- Ring early on results day – courses may fill up fast. Have the course title, course code and details of your qualifications ready.
- Make the call yourself – we are unable to speak with parents, guardians, or carers on your behalf unless they are your nominated person. Our friendly Admissions Team are happy to help you with any enquiries you may have.
- Be contactable – keep your phone to hand and your landline free as college/university may need to call you back.
- Reply by the deadline – when you’re given a verbal offer, you’ll normally need to reply within 24 hours.
- Stay positive and focused – Thousands of students secured a place through Clearing last year, you want to ensure you find the right course for you.