Look at our frequently asked Clearing questions below.
For further information about any of our courses, contact us on 073414 483955 or email us at email@example.com.
What is Clearing?
The Clearing is an application service available between July and September that colleges and universities use to match students to remaining vacancies on courses. Clearing helps:
- Applicants who did not secure a place during the main UCAS cycle, to find suitable vacancies on higher education courses
- Applicants who received and accepted offers from colleges or universities but did not meet the conditions of their offer
- Applicants that already have their exam results, but no offers
- Applicants that have recently decided to study a higher education course
For further information please see UCAS Clearing website.
How do I contact an institution in regard to Clearing?
Each institution entering Clearing will have a ‘Clearing Hotline’ that you will be able to ring to be considered for an advertised course.
You will be able to discuss your qualifications and motivation for studying the course, although this can vary between colleges/universities.
Our Clearing hotline is 073414 483955. Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where can I find Clearing vacancies?
A list of courses that is available through Clearing is published on the UCAS website in the search tool.
If there is any course that interests you, we would love to hear from you, contact us on 073414 483955 or email us at email@example.com.
What if I don’t get the results expected?
Don’t worry! If you don’t quite have the grades for the course you are interested in, we can look at options for you with us. Clearing places will be limited so be prepared and act as quickly as possible.
Please contact us on 073414 483955 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is adjustment?
The Adjustment period allows applicants who have met and exceeded the terms of their conditional firm offer to find a course at a different institution whilst still holding their confirmed place.
Adjustment is available from A-level results day until 31 August. If you are not eligible for Adjustment, don’t worry as Clearing may also be an option for you.
For further information please see the UCAS Adjustment website.
I would like to adjust my offer and choice to BMet what should I do now?
- Check our course vacancies – see if you meet or exceed the entry requirements and that there is a vacancy on your chosen course
- Register your interest – contact BMet Admissions Team to register your interest in the course
- Adjust through UCAS Track – if you meet the conditions of the course and there are vacancies, you must visit UCAS Track to register your intention to adjust
- Receive confirmation – UCAS will send you confirmation details of your change of course
- Once you have received the confirmation details of your course change through Adjustment you could then visit our Clearing information day to look around the College.
I have a place at BMet College but wish to be released into Clearing. What should I do?
If you are currently holding a place at BMet College and do not wish to take this place any longer call our Clearing hotline 073414 483955.
I have accepted a place at another university, now I have changed my mind and would like to study at BMet?
If you decide that you do not wish to take up your place at the college or university that you have confirmed, we can only offer you a place if you are released from your original course choice into Clearing so you can seek a place at another institution, or you are eligible for adjustment, you can use the self-release function on your UCAS track.
You must use UCAS Track, so make sure you have all your details to hand to log in.
Please be aware that you can only apply to one course at a time so make sure you have spoken to the college or university beforehand and you meet their entry requirements and like the look of the course and campus.
What happens after I have been given an unconditional offer at BMet College?
Congratulations! You have a place.
Your offer will change from ‘conditional’ to ‘unconditional’ on UCAS Track if you’ve achieved the required grades to meet your firm or insurance choice.
Over the next few days, you’ll receive confirmation letters from both UCAS and your chosen college/university; be mindful of any pending deadlines such as opening a student bank account to receive financial help.
Why hasn’t track updated?
Track will update once the university decides if you’ve met the conditions of your offer, your place will be confirmed shortly.
I have achieved my grades but my UCAS Track is still showing as conditional. What should I do?
There could be a few reasons why this is. If you have taken qualifications other than A-levels or BTECs, we may not have received confirmation of your results and, therefore, you will need to send a copy to us.
It is helpful to check the conditions of your offer which can be found on UCAS Track. There may be other outstanding conditions you still need to meet.