Site Search

Colour Schemes

  • Default Colour Scheme
  • High Contrast Colour Scheme

Font Size

  • A
  • A
Reset Font Size

Finance for Higher Education

Finance is one of the key issues to take a higher education course.  You may feel anxious about the cost and how this will affect your finances.

Whether you are thinking about how you will manage to pay your tuition fee or the everyday living expenses, we’re here to help!

Any questions or problems you may have both before and during your time as a student with us, we will ensure you are in control of your finances.  Please find any funding information below, if you want to speak to our Higher Education team you can contact us on 0121 446 4545 (option 3) or email

Financial Information

The information provided on this page is applicable to students resident in England.  The student support will vary for students from other parts of the UK.  If you are resident in either, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland please refer to the information sources below:

Open All

Tuition Fees

You can cover the costs of the student tuition fees by applying for a student loan from the student loans company .

Student finance login – GOV.UK (

Every student is eligible for a tuition and maintenance loan but depending on other factors such as previously being in care or low household income, could entitle you to a higher loan amount.

Click here to see how the student loan will help you fund your tuition fee and cover living costs throughout the year.

Summary of 2024-25 course fees

Maintenance Loan

Every student is entitled to a maintenance loan amount through Student Finance England and will receive the basic amount.  A student can receive a higher amount based on individual circumstances, to see how you could receive more maintenance loan please click here.

Childcare Grant

You may be eligible for help with your childcare costs if you;

  • are a full-time higher education student
  • have children under 15, or under 17 if they have special educational needs.

The grant does not have to be paid back and is paid on top of your other student finance.

You must be eligible to apply for Student Finance to apply for a Childcare Grant.  The maximum you can get is;

  • up to 183.75 per week for 1 child
  • up to 315.03 a week for 2 or more children.

Disabled Student Allowance

If you have any learning difficulty or disability you will be able to apply to Disabled Students Allowance – DSA.

You will have to apply for this separately from the main student finance loan and provide evidence of your physical or learning difficulty.  Once this is provided the DSA team will work with you to put in place additional resources to remove the barriers to learning for the duration of your study.

Website design and development by Fifteen