Uniform Public Services
Why choose BMet for Uniform Public Services?
- Our courses can prepare you for a career within the armed forces, police, fire, ambulance, navy, RAF, prison, security or immigration services.
- You will participate in a diverse range of theoretical and practical activities ranging from fitness testing and training to government policies and the management of major incidents.
- Courses are available at Sutton Coldfield College.
- Visits are made to army barracks, RAF bases and training grounds so that students can develop a better understanding of what it means to represent the uniformed services.
- Uniform Public services personnel visit BMet regularly to put students through their paces in first aid, fire and rescue and fitness training exercises.
- Physical fitness is very important in many of these roles, along with good communication, team working and problem solving skills. We have gyms on our main sites for you to train and build your physical strength and fitness.
As well as becoming a serving officer or soldier, vocations within the uniformed services include working as a bodyguard, border force officer, coastguard, dog handler, fingerprint officer, neighbourhood warden, private investigator, probation services officer, road traffic accident investigator, scene of crime officer, store detective or traffic warden.