Uniformed Services Level 3
This 2 year programme is an ideal course for those interested in a career within the Uniformed Public Services, such as the Police, Fire and Rescue Service, Armed Forces and Coastguard. The course is delivered by personnel who have a wealth of operational experience across a broad range of Uniformed Public Services. Their guidance will help you develop the skills required for your chosen career path.
After the first year you will have achieved a subsidiary or 90 credit diploma with the opportunity to then progress onto the second year to complete the diploma or extended diploma based on your achievements in the first year.
The course is practically based where skills and knowledge are developed through a portfolio of case studies, reports, projects, role plays, presentations and discussions. You will also be required to take part in educational trips and visits relevant to the core subjects you will be learning. Trips may include activities such as white water rafting, camping and mountain biking or may be research based trips to locations such as Normandy or even New York.
Course Units will include:
• Government, Policies and Public Services
• Leadership and Teamwork in the Public
• Citizenship, Diversity and the Public Services
• Fitness Testing and Training for the Uniformed Public Services
• Outdoor and Adventurous Expeditions
• Crime and its Effects on Society
• Planning and Management of Major Incidents
• Communication and Technology in the Uniformed Public Services