Uniformed Services Extended Certificate Level 2
This is an ideal course for those interested in a career within the Uniformed Public Services, such as the Police, Fire and Rescue Service, Armed Forces and Coastguard. The course is delivered by personnel who have a wealth of operational experience across a broad range of Uninformed Public Services. Their guidance will help you develop the skills required for your chosen career path.
The majority of the course is practically based where skills and knowledge are developed through a portfolio of case studies, reports, projects, role plays, presentations and discussions. This will be augmented by two externally marked examinations. On completion of the course you will have a basic understanding of the key elements and components of the industry. The majority of studies will be carried out in the classroom completing practical projects and taking part in discussions. You will also be required to take part in educational trips and visits relevant to the core subjects you will be learning.
Trips may include activities such as white water rafting, camping and mountain biking or may be research based trips to locations such as the Peak District or even New York!
• The Role and Work of the Public Services
• Working Skills in the Public Service Sector
• Employment in the Public Services
• Health, Fitness and Lifestyle for the Public Services
• Citizenship, Society and the Public Services
• Land Navigation by Map and Compass
• Preparing to Respond to Emergency Incidents
• Crime and its Effects on Society and Individuals
• Sport and Recreation in the Public Services