Horticulture Diploma Level 2
This qualification covers the skills you will need to progress to further learning and training, or to enter the world of work within the horticultural sector. You will get lots of practice and support to enable you to develop the required skills and knowledge to prepare you for the learning and end assessment.
You will study the following mandatory content:
• Health and safety for the land-based industries
• Working in the horticulture industry
• Plant naming, identification, selection and science
• Establishment and maintenance of plants outdoors
• Care, maintenance and use of tools and machinery
• Horticulture business skills
There is also a requirement to complete 150 hours of work experience. You will then study one optional unit.