Site Search

Colour Schemes

  • Default Colour Scheme
  • High Contrast Colour Scheme

Font Size

  • A
  • A
Reset Font Size

Business Online Access to Higher Education

Level 3 - Advanced

Business Online Access to Higher Education

If you have been out of education for a while or don't have the qualifications you need to go to university then this is the course for you as it will open the door to university and a career in business.

Studied entirely online, the course flexibility allows you to work towards your career as a teacher alongside your current commitments. So, whether you’re already employed in a school, have a job outside of education or have family care commitments, you can complete your course around them.

You will study a range of business modules including Economics, Managing People, Marketing, Finance and Business Environment. There will also be a focus on study techniques which develop skills in writing essays, reports and preparing for exams. If you do not have GCSE English or GCSE Maths you will need to complete these alongside your main Access programme of study.



Matthew Boulton College



* Courses are free for 16-18s. Students aged 19 or over could be charged fees and is subject to a fee assessment. Learners on benefits in the majority of cases courses are also free. Fee assessments are completed at enrolment.

Course Length: 30 Weeks

You will need GCSEs in English and Maths at Grade 4/C or above (or an equivalent qualification).  You will need to demonstrate your commitment to the course at interview.  You should have had a period of time away from studying and have an interest in pursuing a career in business.

The course is assessed through assignments and exams. Assignments will be completed during the year and accounts for 80% of the assessments. There will be end of course examinations which make up the other 20% of assessments.

You have up to two years to complete this course. As an online course, you can also study from the comfort of home and around your existing commitments. This course is assessed by coursework which emphasises practical work and any work place experience you may have.

Successful students can progress onto university level study provided they meet the entry requirements, including degrees, foundation degrees, higher national diplomas and certificates.

Website design and development by Fifteen