Sports Coaching & Development Foundation Diploma Level 3
This course gives you the knowledge, understanding and skills that underpin study of the sport coaching sector, and giving you additional breadth and depth to prepare fully for further study or training.
This course includes the opportunity to study a wide range of topics in sport.
Five mandatory units:
• Careers in Sport and Active Leisure Industry
• Health, Wellbeing and Sport
• Developing Coaching Skills
• Sports Development
• Self-employment in Sport and Physical Activity
One further unit may include:
• Anatomy and Physiology in Sport
• Rules and Regulations in Sport
• Practical Sport Performance
This qualification is equivalent in size to 1.5 A levels, and it has been designed as a one year full time study programme and can be used to progress to the Extended Diploma in the second-year of a study.