Fitness Foundation Diploma Level 3
This course gives you the knowledge, understanding and skills that underpin study of the fitness sector, and giving you additional breadth and depth to prepare fully for further study, training or work in the industry.
This course includes the opportunity to study a wide range of topics in Fitness.
• Careers in Sport and Active Leisure Industry (Fitness)
• Health, Wellbeing and Sport (Fitness)
• Fitness Skills Development (Students will Complete the Gym Instructing Qualification in this Unit)
• Self-employment in Sport and Physical Activity (Fitness)
Optional Units covered are:
• Nutrition for Physical Performance
• Fitness Testing
This qualification is equivalent in size to 1.5 A levels, and it has been designed as a one year full time study programme and can be used to progress to the Extended Diploma in the second-year of a study. In the 2nd year of the study programme, students will complete the qualification required to be a Personal Trainer within the course programme. In addition, in year 2 there will be opportunities to study ‘bolt on’ courses e.g. Exercise to Music; Kettlebells; Spin Cycling; Circuit Training in preparation for leading classes.