Electronic Engineering (Instrumentation & Control) Foundation Degree
This course has been written to provide you with a wide technical background to support a range of careers in electronic and control engineering. Instrumentation and Control Engineers design, install, and maintain electronics and control equipment for a wide range of industries in the sector including vehicle manufacture, aerospace, food and beverage production, transport, IT and leisure. The course has a strong technical element that will help you develop the skills you need to succeed. If you are employed in the industry this course will provide you with advanced knowledge and skills which will enhance your career prospects.
Year 1 modules:
• Analogue and Digital Electronics
• Electrical and Electronic Principles
• Management of the Business Environment
• Mathematics for Engineering
• Programmable Logic Controllers (Instrumentation & Control pathway only)
• Programming for Engineering
• RF Communication Principles Credits (Communications pathway only)
Year 2 modules:
• Corporate Responsibility and Personal Development
• Data Communication and Networks
• Digital Communication Principles (Communications pathway only)
• Embedded Systems Development
• Mathematics and Control (Instrumentation and Control pathway only)
• Project Foundation Degree (WBL)
• Signals and Systems
An important part of Year 2 is the completion of a work-based project which will give you the opportunity to carry out a project of commercial significance linked to your employment.
The tuition fee for academic year 2022-23 is £6,500.
Please be aware that we intend to increase tuition fees in subsequent years using the Retail Price Index (RPI-X).