Bricklaying Diploma Level 2
The job of a bricklayer is to construct the first shell of a building, whether it is a house, a school, a bridge or any other construction. Without a bricklayer, the building simply does not get made. On this course you will learn how to interpret drawings to set out structures, how to produce joint masonry and how to build solid walls and attach piers plus the all important health and safety aspects of the job.
Courses are three to four days a week, over a 12-week period, with some home study required.
• Respond to local employers needs and develop your practical skills as required
• Provide sessions with a variety of activities to challenge and help you learn
• Check your progress regularly and tell you how you are doing
• Get to know you
• Find out whether you need any support
• Listen and respond to your views
*Courses may be free for adults on low income or unemployed, there may also be free travel available. You can check with our admission team.