Applied Science Level 3
If you have a passion for science but are not sure what area you want to work in then this course will prepare you for a wide range of careers.
It covers topics across biology, chemistry and physics and will allow you to acquire a high level of practical laboratory skills. You will build on your previous studies of science by widening your knowledge of scientific investigation and practical techniques and you will develop the numeracy skills required in a scientific setting.
The mandatory units studied are;
• Principles and Applications of Science I
• Practical Scientific Procedures and Techniques
• Science Investigation Skills
• Laboratory Techniques and their Application
• Principles and Applications of Science II
• Investigative Project
• Contemporary Issues in Science
You will also completeup to 6 optional units which could be learning more about the human body, delving into the world of forensic or exploring astronomy and space science.
Sutton Coldfield College