Summer 2021 Exams
How your qualifications are awarded this summer
For the latest information on how assessments will be made this year, please read the following documents:
- Easy read student guide to awarding results in the summer of 2021
- Student and Parent Guide – BTEC grades summer 2021
- Student and Parent Guide – A level or GCSE grades summer 2021
- Student guide to awarding: summer 2021
Should you like further guidance or to discuss your grades, we are here to help. You can either speak or email your course tutor.
You will have received your overall assessment grade, which we hope you feel is a fair and just reflection. A process has been established by Ofqual for those students who feel an error has been made in awarding the grade.
In the first instance if you wish to appeal your grade you are advised to discuss this with your Tutor and their Department Manager, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The grounds of appeal are;
- Administrative: e.g the wrong grade/mark was recorded
- Procedural: e.g a reasonable adjustment/access arrangement was not provided for an eligible student
- Unreasonable exercise of academic judgement: the choice of evidence from which to determine the grade and/or the determination of that grade from the evidence was unreasonable.
The deadline for submitting an appeal for a student is:
- 16 August 2021 (priority appeals – for students applying to higher education who did not attain their firm choice, i.e. the offer they accepted as their first choice, and wish to appeal an A level or other Level 3 qualification result)
- 3 September 2021 (in all other cases).