Rail Construction Gateway Programme
Get on Track- Rail Construction Training
Starts Monday 4th February 2019
BMet, in association with West Midland Combined Authority, Job Centre Plus, Infra Skills and RSS Infrastructure, present an incredible opportunity for training and job support to start a career in the Rail Construction Sector. This is a 20 day course, delivered by industry experts, providing people with the skills needed by employers.
Awareness Session held on Tuesday 22nd January at 11am, Erdington Skills Centre, Edwards Road, Erdington, Birmingham B24 9EW
This course is funded for people aged 18+ and in receipt of JSA, ESA or Universal Credit. You must be at Entry Level 3 Literacy and be able to commit to 20 days of the course.
Click here to view all information – Rail Training
For more information, please email Bobby at email@example.com. To book a place, call National Careers Service on 0121 296 5550.
Gateway Rail Programme
First 8 Days: Training at BMet, Erdington Skills Centre
- H&S/CSCS (2 day)
- CV/Portfolio building (2 day)
- Taster of different trades and research of different roles within the Construction Industry (2 day)
- Planning, trade requirements, staffing, build costs, trade costs, etc. (1 day)
- Customer services, Employability skills & Interview techniques (1 day)
12 Days: Training at INFRA Skills
- PTS – Personal Track Safety
- TIC – Track Induction (including First Aid/Manual Handling/Fire Awareness)
- ICI – Industry common induction Sentinel Card and sponsorship
- OLEC 1 Small tools including Cembre & Robel, giving access to employers who require this ticket
- PPE is also included
Work experience with Infra Skills is planned once learners have achieved relevant safety qualifications. There is a guaranteed job interview for ALL learners that achieve/complete. Interviews will take place during the last week of the course.