Midlands Engine ESOL Pilot Project
This project is a collaboration between six education providers to test new and innovative ways of delivering English language skills, that lead to better access to work & career prospects for the individual, along with enhanced productivity outcomes for employers.
The six delivery partners are:
- Birmingham Adult Education Service
- BMet College
- Joseph Chamberlain Sixth Form College
- Fircroft College of Adult Education
- South and City College Birmingham
This 12 month project provides targeted ESOL provision for adults with English language needs who are currently not engaged in formal ESOL provision, who reside in the Greater Birmingham and Solihull LEP area.
Through close collaboration of each delivery partner, the project aims to:
- Deliver part-time, non-accredited inclusive ESOL provision to meet local community needs
- Reduce waiting lists for current ESOL provision
- Increase English language skills through a variety of contextualised models
- Reduce social isolation and cultural barriers to engagement
- Move learners who are not in work closer to employment
- Enable learners in work to move closer to progression in the work place
This pilot project is funded through Midlands Engine.
See below for more information on each of the delivery partners, or you can contact BMet on 0121 446 4545.
Birmingham Adult Education Service
Aston Learning Centre, 99 Whitehead Rd, Aston, Birmingham, B6 6EJ
0121 303 4318
Fircroft College of Adult Education
1018 Bristol Rd, Birmingham, B29 6LH
0121 472 0116
Joseph Chamberlain Sixth Form College
Belgrave Road, Birmingham, B12 9FF
0121 446 2200
South and City College
Digbeth Campus, High Street Deritend, Digbeth,Birmingham, B5 5SU
0121 694 5000
The Big Peg, 120 Vyse Street, Hockley, Birmingham, B18 6NF
0121 236 2531