Level 3 Award in Domestic, Commercial and Industrial Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation
Already a qualified electrician looking to add to your current skill set? Look no further than our Level 3 Award in Domestic, Commercial and Industrial Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation course.
On successful completion, this course will allow you to install domestic, commercial and on-street vehicle charging points.
- Introduction to Electric Vehicles – Electric Vehicle types, Characteristics, Charging requirements, Safety considerations
- Overview of Electric Vehicle charging – Modes of charging and requirements, restrictions
- Electrical Installation Requirements – Supply, Earthing, Planning permission, Explosive atmospheres, Protection, Labelling, Control, Risk assessment
- Installation – Practical domestic and commercial installation
- Inspection, Test and Certification – Commissioning and DNO paperwork
- System Test, Fault Finding and Examination – Includes both a practical and written assessments
How will I be assessed?
You will compete an online multiple-choice exam and a practical assessment.
As this qualification covers the installation of charging points in domestic, commercial and on-street settings, it is expected that candidates are practising electricians with a formal Level 3 qualification.
Candidate must also be:
- Over the age of 18 (mandatory) and be able to carry y out the following competencies:
- Be competent to work on domestic and commercial electrical installations (with a minimum Level 3 Qualification)
- Be able to correctly install and terminate PVC/PVC cable (twin and earth) and Steel Wire armoured cable (SWA)
- Be able to carry out an initial verification (inspection and testing) on an electrical installation and complete the necessary paperwork
- Be up to date with the latest Building Regulations requirements
- Be up to date with the latest 18th Edition wiring regulations
When does the course start?
This course starts in September 2021.
If you are interested in applying for this course, please complete the expression of interest form below. Once we receive your form, a member of the team will be in contact with you discuss the course and answer any questions you may have.