Distance Learning Courses
We offer a range of free online Distance Learning Courses which can be studied from anywhere in the UK. These popular courses enable you to study for and gain recognised accreditation that is of value to your work and personal development.
These courses are for those aged over 19 years and usually free*. What’s more our courses are accredited by NCFE and CACHE, acknowledged leaders in the field of distance learning.
You have the flexibility to complete the course in your own time online in the comfort of your own home or as part of a work-based training programme. You’ll also have an assigned, qualified assessor with plenty of guidance and feedback by email, post and/or online (paper based course material is available on request).
You are allocated up to 26 weeks depending on the number of assessments the course has in order to complete and assessment is via completion of answering questions online or in workbooks.
We offer regular start dates throughout the year, so you can apply any time.
*Courses are funded if you are over 19 years old, with a level 2 qualification and have lived in the UK for over 3 years.
Free Distance Learning Courses
Click on course below for full details
- Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- Business and Administration NCFE Certificate Level 2
- Care and Management of Diabetes
- Common Health Conditions
- Customer Service for Health & Social Care Settings
- Equality and Diversity
- Falls Prevention Awareness
- Information Advice and Guidance Certificate NCFE CACHE Level 2
- Principles of Care Planning
- Principles of Customer Service
- Principles of Dementia
- Principles of End of Life Care
- Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Heath Care Settings
- Principles of Team Leading
- Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Understanding Autism
- Understanding Children and Young Peoples Mental Health
- Understanding Common Childhood Illnesses
- Understanding Dignity and Safeguarding in Adult Health and Social Care
- Understanding Nutrition and Health
- Understanding Safeguarding and Prevent
- Understanding the Safe Handling of Medication in Health & Social Care
Distance Learning Open Days
BMet holds Distance Learning Open Days each month at James Watt College. These are optional to attend and offer an opportunity to understand the assessment of the course and to ask any questions before you get started. These are held on the first Wednesday of the month at 10.30am;
- September – you’re welcome to come long anytime during enrolment
- Wednesday 2nd October 2019
- Wednesday 6th November 2019
- Wednesday 4th December 2019
- Wednesday 8th January 2020
- Wednesday 5th February 2020
- Wednesday 4th March 2020
- Wednesday 1st April 2020
- Wednesday 6th May 2020
- Wednesday 3rd June 2020