Career Advance Academy
Welcome to the Career Advance Academy!
This academy offers career ready services to those whose employment has been impacted because of Covid-19.
We have designed Career Advance to boost the skills of job seekers across the city as well as offering upskilling and retraining opportunities for everyone.
We are investing our resources to support the launch of this academy and will call on our strong relationships with the local business community to shape the offer.
Our aim is clear – to help retrain individuals with the skills and experience that the local economy needs.
This is foremost a learning programme to help build skills and give people the confidence to choose the right career, find a job and be successful in the workplace.
Our offer to you
This page will outline what we can offer to boost your career chances. A one stop-shop if you like for career advancement.
We can offer FREE help and career advice and guidance over the phone and have a variety of online courses that you can start today – we are confident that we can help you advance your career.
FREE – Career Advice and Guidance
We can provide information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on your career.
We can help you with your choices on careers, training and work. Whatever your situation, there’s something we can help with.
Call us Monday-Friday between 9am to 5pm and we are sure to be able to help. Call us on: 0121 362 1174.
Our online courses mean that you can carry out your training at any time to suit you and your commitments.
Many of our courses are easy to access using our virtual platform and you’ll have a dedicated tutor providing you with support every step of the way.
Our tutors will provide you with pre-course advice and guidance and go through the requirements and help you get started. Call 0121 446 4545 if you’d like to ask us a question.
Our courses are online and last 12 weeks
Each course follows the same application and enrolment process:
- Apply online and one of our tutors will make contact to go through the course content and processes/timelines, support available and enrolment
- After step one you will be enrolled on the course – this is quick and easy to do online
- Once enrolment has taken place we register learners with the awarding body and the on-line learning platform – as soon as that’s done learners get a one to one tutorial
- Once those steps are complete – you can start learning. You will also have your very own trainer who will check/support/encourage you to complete the course. Your very own cheerleader – routing for your success.
Courses for a career step into business
If you are thinking of reskilling to start a career in business support but have never worked in an office environment, then our Level 2 Certificate in Business & Administration could provide with a new set of skills to take you into a new career.
Level 2 Certificate in Business & Administration – rolling start
- Principles of providing Administrative Services
- Principles of Business Document production and Information Management
- Understand Communication in a Business Environment
- Understand Employer Organisations
IT, Computing, Systems and Software
Looking for a career change into IT, Computing, Systems and Software?
Our FREE week-long programmes are an ideal way to start your new career. Delivered in 5 days from our Sutton Coldfield College site.
Register now to start your next career
Level 3 Award in Business Processes
Level 3 Award in Cloud Services
Level 3 Award in Mobile and Operating Systems
Microsoft MTA Network Fundamentals
Complete form below to register your interest
For a career in the sports industry
Looking for a career in sports?
Combine your passion for sport with our Gym Instructor Level 2 certificate or our sports massage level 3 Diploma.
Our gym instructor course will provide you with a professionally recognised qualification that you need to become a Gym Instructor. This is the essential qualification employers want to see if you want to enter the fitness industry. On this course you will complete anatomy and physiology modules that will be backed up with practical sessions. You will learn how to write exercise programmes and then how deliver these in a gym-based environment.
If you are looking to move in to the sports therapy sector then this is the course for you. At the end of the programme you will leave with an industry recognised certificate and licence to practice as a sports therapist. The content includes Anatomy and Physiology, nutrition, Sports Injuries, Health and safety and massage techniques.
Find out more! Take the first step and click on the links below!
Courses for a career step into the Health and Care sectors
Our suite of courses in the health and care sector can support you to take your first step into the sector and for those already working in the sector and looking at professional development. There are a variety of courses on offer and you can take more than one!
- Introduction to Health & Social Care, Children’s & Young People’s Settings Certificate Level 1
- Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- Care and Management of Diabetes
- Common Health Conditions
- Customer Service for Health & Social Care Settings
- Equality and Diversity
- Falls Prevention Awareness
- Principles of Care Planning
- Principles of Customer Service
- Principles of Dementia
- Principles of End of Life Care
- Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Heath Care Settings
- Principles of Team Leading
- Understanding Autism
- Understanding Children and Young Peoples Mental Health
- Understanding Common Childhood Illnesses
- Understanding the Safe Handling of Medication in Health & Social Care
Currently these are not available to apply online, please contact us on: 0121 362 1174 for further information and to apply.
Courses for a career in advice and guidance
Level 2 Certificate in Information Advice and Guidance – rolling start
The term ‘information, advice or guidance’ (IAG) encompasses the services provided to help individuals manage situations or problems in their life. There are many organisations that provide information, advice or guidance services on issues such as: careers and employment education and many more.
Offering clear and accurate information, advice or guidance and knowing what can be shared legally and professionally is a must for any business. There are some fundamental rules for successful information sharing and ensuring staff are aware of these is key. Our Level 2 Certificate does just that and offers the perfect opportunity to get your foot on the ladder of this rewarding and worthwhile career and there are opportunities across a range of sectors.
And there’s more!
We also have over 70 adult part time courses on offer – please click here to find out more.