Construction & Sustainable Technologies
Why choose BMet for Construction & Sustainable Technologies?
- Courses available at James Watt College and Erdington Skills Centre.
- Choose from traditional trades such as bricklaying, gas, plumbing and electrical techniques or develop skills in sustainability, renewable energies and green technologies.
- The Baxi Innovation Academy at James Watt College is one of the UK’s leading facilities for the teaching of qualifications in gas, plumbing and electrical.
- The newly refurbished Erdington Skills Centre is popular among school leavers and young adults interested in developing basic construction skills such as bricklaying, painting and decorating in a more intimate setting.
- We have built a new Sustainability Centre at James Watt College for the teaching of courses in environmental sustainability, renewable energies and green technologies.
The built environment sector has many career opportunities including architect, building surveyor or technician, carpenter or joiner, construction contracts manager, domestic energy assessor, facilities manager, gas network engineer, kitchen and bathroom fitter, land surveyor, road worker, stonemason, thermal insulation engineer, town planner, welder and wood machinist.