International Work Placements
TEEP Turing Scheme 2022/23
Want A Life Changing Experience To Work Abroad?
TEEP will work with BMet to offer a comprehensive end-to-end project planning and management service for organisations wishing to take part in Turing Scheme programmes. TEEP and BMet have co-developed a mobility plan to support 86 students’ (77 level 3 students and 9 HNC students) in upskilling professional competences through transnational mobilities towards European countries (Germany, Italy & Spain).
- Preparation sessions delivered by TEEP including introductory sessions for students to find out more about the scheme – Lecture Theatre Sutton Campus
- International Day information events – 7th Nov 22 (Sutton Coldfield) & 8th Nov 22 (Matthew Boulton) during volunteering days at BMet
- 20-30 hours of language workshops to prepare students better for their trip
- Interviews for our students with the host organisations
- 3-week work-placement mobility programme with international host organisations in the relevant sectors in Italy, Spain and Germany
- Implementation of 5 activities:
- 23 students from Creative Arts (25th 2023) to Italy
- 14 students from Digital/ICT (Apr. 2023) to Germany
- 20 students from Health & Social Care (Apr. 2023) to Spain
- 20 students from Early Years/Education (May 2023) to Italy
- 9 HNC Students from Digital/ICT (May 2023) to Germany
- Completion event (internal)
- Funding awarded in September 2022 and pre-placement planning will begin
- Students will attend placements abroad from January 2023
- There is no qualification or certification through TEEP, but BMet can link placement activities to learning outcomes within modules and produce internal certification.
- Recording participant journey
- Sharing of activity products throughout
- Participant feedback (end course)
- Final evaluation
- All costs (travel, accommodation, food etc.) for students and accompanying staff members covered by TEEP, as well as costs for vulnerable students who have barriers to accessing the programme (e.g. passports)
- Turing Scheme Funding split into 2 pots Individual Learner Funding & Organisational Funding:
Individual Learner Funding will cover:
- All project costs for students (e.g., travel, accommodation, food etc.)
- Related costs for vulnerable students who have barriers to accessing the programme (e.g. funding for passports)
- BMet can apply for 50% of the organisational funding pot, which we can utilise however we want
- Staff project costs (e.g., travel, accommodation, food etc.) for staff accompanying students on the trips will be funded by TEEP from their 50% of the organisational funding pot.
International Work Placement Application
Interested in studying and working abroad – click here to download application form.
Complete application form to be returned to WorkExperience@bmet.ac.uk