National Express mTicket
BMet has joined forces with National Express to offer student travel passes direct to your mobile phone. You’ll get immediate access to your pass, you won’t need to queue to collect your pass and what’s more the pass is safe and secure so you’ve no need to worry about misplacing it and needing a replacement. If you’re eligible for our Free Bus Pass, or for the Discretionary Bursary Fund then the system will automatically provide you with free travel credit.
How it works
You must be an enrolled BMet student using Apple and Android devices configured for the UK Play Store. Tickets are cancelled if you withdraw after enrolment. You can still obtain a card pass if you don’t have an Android or Apple compatible mobile – speak to our Student Services team to find out how.
There are two types of ticket:
- Over 18 or not entitled to a 16-18 pass.
Making an application:
Make an application to BMet for Free Travel or Discretionary Bursary Support.
Your application will be assessed and if eligible you will be given an instruction card to guide you through the process of collecting your mTicket.
- An activation code will be sent to your new BMet email account
- Visit the BMet page on the National Express https://secure.nxbus.co.uk/bmet
- Enter your activation code, your email and your password
- Continue your application by keying in your name and address
- Agree to NX standard terms and conditions to obtain order confirmation and instructions to collect your ticket.
Ticket collection and usage
- Download the App if you don’t already have it (a text message will be sent to registered mobile number with a link to download the App)
- After App installation simply log in with your BMet email address and your ticket will be available on your device within 15 minutes.
Users are responsible for ensuring sufficient charge to cover entire journeys and 16-18 users are responsible for having a 16-18 ID card from Transport for West Midlands. Penalties may be incurred without these. Limited ticket redirection allowed for lost or new devices.
If you experience any problems then please contact us