Requirements for Electrical Installations (18th Edition Wiring Regulations)
On this course you will study The IEE Wiring Regulations (BS 7671). The regulations are the definitive standards for the electrical industry in respect of safe use and operation of electrical equipment and systems. The 18th Edition of The IET Wiring Regulations launched on 2 July 2018 also referred to as BS 7671:2018, the course offered by BMet is an essential requirement to ensure an electrician has a thorough understanding of the regulations.
You will study the following topics:
1) Understand the scope, object and fundamental principles of BS7671.
2) Understand the definitions used within BS7671.
3) Understand how to assess the general characteristics of electrical installations
4) Understand requirements of Protection for safety for electrical installations
5) Understand the requirements for Selection and erection of equipment for electrical installations
6) Understand the requirements of Inspection and testing of electrical installations
7) Understand the requirements of special installations or locations as identified in BS 7671
8) Understand the information contained within the appendices of BS7671.
This course is offered evening or day release and as a block.