Requirements for Electrical Installations (18th Edition Wiring Regulations)
On this course you will study The IEE Wiring Regulations (BS 7671). The regulations are the definitive standards for the electrical industry in respect of safe use and operation of electrical equipment and systems. They set requirements and operating criteria for the UK and correspond to EC standards and are recognised by the British Standards Institute as a British Standard (BS 7671). It is intended to ensure that individuals are conversant with the format, content and application of the Requirements for Electrical Installations BS 7671: June 2008 (2015).
You will study the following topics:
1) Understand the scope, object and fundamental principles of BS7671.
2) Understand the definitions used within BS7671.
3) Understand how to assess the general characteristics of electrical installations
4) Understand requirements of Protection for safety for electrical installations
5) Understand the requirements for Selection and erection of equipment for electrical installations
6) Understand the requirements of Inspection and testing of electrical installations
7) Understand the requirements of special installations or locations as identified in BS 7671
8) Understand the information contained within the appendices of BS7671.