All scholars on the Stourbridge Netball Academy will enrol on a Programme of Study which is aligned to their Qualifications on Entry. Scholars will have 7-10 hours of Technical Netball Development complimentary to the assessment provided by the Full Time Coach, Individual and Team League and Match play Events combined with Tutorial, Purposeful Work Experience, Maths* or English* (Subject to QoE) alongside their selected Academic Pathway.
This course develops skills and knowledge by studying a wide range of topics. These will enable the learner to understand key elements and components within the Sport Industry. On this programme, you can develop your knowledge using examples from specifically the Golf Industry but generally across the Sports Industry. Units that you will study may include:
– Anatomy and Physiology – (Exam based from September 2017)
– Fitness Training and Programming for Health, Sport and Well-being
– Professional Development in the Sports Industry
– Sports Leadership
– Practical Sports Performance
– Coaching for Performance
– Research methods in sport
– Development and Provision of Sport and Physical Activity
– Investigating Business in
– Sport and Active Leisure
– Acquiring Skill in Sport
Scholars who do not meet the Level 3 Entry requirements can still gain a place on the Netball Academy but will have to Study a Level 2 qualification in a College Tutor Group.