Introduction to Basic Electronics
This course will help you to develop your understanding of basic electronic components and simple circuits. You will gain greater knowledge and a qualification in basic electronics.
The units covered are;
• British Standards symbols
• Voltage (V, mV, µV, kV), current (A, mA, µA), frequency (Hz, kHz, MHz)
• Components- cells, batteries, power supplies, connectors, resistors, variable resistors, capacitors, diodes, transistors, switches, transducers, lamps, LED, buzzer, speaker, relay, motor, solenoid, heater
• Operational amplifiers, for example, inverting and non-inverting amplifiers, comparators timers
• Two input logic gates, for example AND, OR, NOT, NAND, NOR, XOR
• Constructing simple circuits via breadboards, logic boards and PCB’s.