International Travel and Tourism Management Higher National Certificate/Diploma
This course can be studied full-time over 1 year, achieving a Higher National Certificate (HNC) in International Travel and Tourism Management qualification, or over 2 years, achieving a Higher National Diploma (HND) in International Travel and Tourism Management qualification.
The HNC (Level 4) course provides a thorough grounding in travel and tourism principles which is further enhanced at Level 5 (the HND course) where units cover a broader range of contemporary issues relating to a variety of professions within the travel and tourism sector. It equips individuals with commercial acumen along with the understanding, professional and personal skills for success in a diverse range of roles in the industry including marketing and sales management, operations management, tourism development management, visitor attractions management, events management or even setting up your own business.
By completing a Higher Education (HE) level course you will develop appropriate academic study skills at degree level enabling progression to further professional qualifications in specific travel and tourism areas by mapping to units in a range of professional travel and tourism qualifications or jobs.
• Global Tourism Destinations
• Leadership and Management for Services Industries (Pearson-set)
• Managing the Customer Experience
• Marketing Essentials for Travel and Tourism
• Professional Identity and Practice
• The Contemporary Travel and Tourism Industry
• The Travel and Tourism Business Toolkit
• Visitor Attraction Management
• Consumer Behaviour and Insight
• Corporate Events Management
• Destination Management
• Ethical Tourism
• Launching a New Venture
• Managing and Running a Small Business
• Research Project
The tuition fee for academic year 2020-21 is £5,500. Please be aware that we intend to increase tuition fees in subsequent years using the Retail Price Index (RPI-X).