Football Business Management & Coaching Foundation Degree
Football is a global economic and social as well as sporting phenomenon. Every weekend the English Premier League is watched by over 170m people in over 200 countries. In the UK it is a major industry with over 100,000 jobs. This course is designed for forward thinking sports professionals who want to lead and develop the growth of the sporting industry.
This course focuses on both the football and business related knowledge needed to develop professionals for the football industry. You will develop a clear understanding of the importance of football within the context of economic, social and cultural life both in the UK and worldwide. In addition you will also gain football coaching awards and acquire insights and valuable work based experience. As part of the course you will also develop links to the UK Sports Institute and Youth Sport Trust and you will be eligible to enter a team into BUCS league system. There are opportunities for work based learning with BMet Sports Academies.
Year 1 modules:
• Disability and Inclusion within Football
• Football in the Community
• Introduction to the Business
• Introduction to the Business of Football
• Principles of Coaching
• Science of Football
• Work Based Learning- Coaching Context
Year 2 modules:
• Analysis of Performance/Skill Acquisition
• Coaching for Performance
• Current issues within Football
• Football in a Global Context
• The Business of Football – Project Management
• Work Based Learning- Business and Development Focus
The tuition fee for academic year 2020-21 is £9,250. The Year 1 and Year 2 tuition fee for academic year 2021-22 is £9,250. Please be aware that we intend to increase tuition fees in subsequent years using the Retail Price Index (RPI-X).