Equine Management Diploma Level 3
The Equine Management Technical Certificate Level 3 is for learners, who wish to follow a career within the equine industry,
either hands-on with horses or within the wider allied equine service or business sector.
This qualification gives you the opportunity to learn about and build on the essentials of working with horses, such as planning and carrying out stable yard operations, horse health care, feeding and nutrition and fitting and evaluating tack and equipment. You will develop further practical skills such as working and exercising horses from the ground, horse presentation skills (grooming, clipping, trimming and plaiting) and you will also learn about horse biology. You will also gain the skills to be able to undertake event management and you gain knowledge and understanding about the principles of equitation.
• Principles of health and safety
• Undertake and review work related experience in the Land-based industries
• Undertake stable yard operations
• Equine Health
• Horse tack and equipment
• Biological systems of horses
• Prepare horses for presentation
• Equine feeding and nutrition
• Working and training horses from the ground
• The principles of Equitation
• Contribute to managing an equine event