Early Years Practitioner NCFE CACHE Diploma Level 2
The aim of this course is to provide learners with the knowledge and understanding of babies and young children from birth to 7 years of age with applied knowledge in the early years, 0-5 years. The qualification content meets the Department for Education’s (DfE) Level 2 full and relevant criteria for a Level 2 Early Years Practitioner in the workforce.
You will study a range of professional practice units what will consist of in class activity supported with weekly online resources.
The mandatory 14 units must be completed for successful achievement:
– Roles and responsibilities of the Early Years Practitioner
– Health and safety of babies and young children in the early years
– Equality, diversity and inclusive practice in Early Years Settings
– Safeguarding, protection and welfare of babies and young children in Early Years Settings
– Understand how to support children’s development
– Support care routines for babies and young children
– Support the planning and delivery of activities, purposeful play opportunities and educational programmes
– Promote play in an Early Years Setting
– Support well-being of babies and young children for healthy lifestyles
– Support babies and young children to be physically active
– Support the needs of babies and young children with Special Educational Needs and Disability
– Promote positive behaviour in Early Years Settings
– Partnership working in the early years
– Support the needs of the child in preparing for school
250 placement hours is required for this qualification in order to develop sufficient skills application with babies and young children to meet the assessment criteria for the qualification.
Matthew Boulton College,
Sutton Coldfield College