Dental Nurse (Integrated) Apprenticeship
The Dental Nurse (Integrated) role complements the role of other dental professionals. One of the primary roles is to provide chair side support to dental professionals and deliver a high level of patient care.
Dental Nurses may work in a variety of clinical environments and the Apprenticeship reflects all aspects of clinical responsibilities and duties of a dental nurse’s role and will provide the apprentice with the relevant qualification to apply to the General Dental Council (GDC) for professional registration as a dental nurse.
Dental Nurses are registered professional and work within the standards and scope of practice defined by the GDC Scope of Practice document (Sept 2013)
• Dental and regional anatomy
• Respiratory and circulatory systems
• Health promotion and disease prevention
• Transmission of infectious diseases and their prevention
• Materials , equipment and resources
• Medical Emergencies
• Legislative compliance and regulatory requirements
• The Dental team and GDC guidelines
On completion of this apprenticeship the apprentice can register with the General Dental Council as a qualified Dental Nurse.