Dental Nurse Apprenticeship
The Dental Nurse role complements the role of other dental professionals. One of the primary roles is to provide chair side support to dental professionals and deliver a high level of patient care.
Dental Nurses may work in a variety of clinical environments and the Apprenticeship reflects all aspects of clinical responsibilities and duties of a dental nurse’s role and will provide the apprentice with the relevant qualification to apply to the General Dental Council (GDC) for professional registration as a dental nurse.
Dental Nurses are registered professional and work within the standards and scope of practice defined by the GDC Scope of Practice document (Sept 2013)
• Dental and regional anatomy
• Respiratory and circulatory systems
• Health promotion and disease prevention
• Transmission of infectious diseases and their prevention
• Materials , equipment and resources
• Medical Emergencies
• Legislative compliance and regulatory requirements
• The Dental team and GDC guidelines
On completion of this apprenticeship the apprentice can register with the General Dental Council as a qualified Dental Nurse.