This occupation involves carrying out skilled work, primarily using timber products, either on a construction site, or in a workshop, creating and installing building components.
A Site Carpenter will normally work on a building site, or in domestic and commercial premises, preparing and fixing building components, from the initial erection of a new building, through to the installation of all necessary fixtures and fittings, as well as a range of repair and maintenance activities.
On completion of this apprenticeship, carpentry workers will be able to:
– Work safely and be aware of key health, safety and welfare issues.
– Plan and carry out their work to commercial standards of quality and speed.
– Move, handle and store resources, such as materials and timber components, complying with relevant legislation & guidance.
– Interpret and follow verbal and written work instructions from trade supervisors and site managers
– Select the required materials to carry out the work, such as correct timber, tools and fixings.
– Access, interpret and use drawings and specifications to carry out their work.
By completing an on line application for this apprenticeship, you will be invited to attend an interview at college to determine your suitability for the apprenticeship programme and should you be successful at this stage, will be offered a place on one of our full time programmes.
Following the satisfactory completion of the full time programme mandatory Health and Safety units you will be transferred onto our apprenticeship referral programme, where our Business Development Team will support you in securing an apprenticeship with one of our employers.
Please note: This is not a job interview. Our employers recruit apprentices from within our full time construction programmes only.