Business Higher National Certificate/Diploma
The Higher National Certificate/Diploma (HNC/D) in Business course is a nationally and internationally recognised qualification throughout the business world.
With this in mind, the course has been developed to offer maximum flexibility, meet the requirements of the industry and develop the skills employers find valuable. It is aimed at people who want to continue their education through applied learning. If you choose to study HNC/D Business, you will be taking the next great step to an exciting career in the ever-changing world of business. The units have been chosen to give you a broad base of knowledge and skills in marketing, human resource management, finance, small business management and innovation & commercialisation. A distinctive feature of the course at Sutton Coldfield is the opportunity to develop highly sought-after skills in e-commerce and social media for business purposes. The course will be delivered as a blended online approach with 50% direct tuition and 50% independent study.
Year 1 Modules (HNC)
• Business and the Business Environment
• Marketing processes and planning
• Human Resource Management
• Leadership and Management
• Accounting Principles
• Innovation and Commercialisation
• Managing a Successful Business Project (Pearson-set) Entrepreneurial Ventures
Year 2 Modules (HND)
• Brand Management
• Marketing Insights and Analytics
• Developing Individuals, Teams and Organisations
• E-Commerce and Strategy
• Organisational Behaviour
• Research Project (Pearson-set)
• Planning social media campaigns
The Year 1 HNC tuition fee for academic year 2022-23 is £6,000. The Year 2 HND tuition fee is £6,000. Please be aware that we intend to increase tuition fees in subsequent years using the Retail Price Index (RPI-X).