Business Higher National Certificate/Diploma
The Higher National Certificate/Diploma (HNC/D) in Business course is a nationally and internationally recognised qualification throughout the business world. It is aimed at students who want to continue their education through applied learning. If you choose to study your HNC/D Business, you will be taking the next great step to an exciting career in the ever-changing world of business. The units have been chosen to give you a broad base of knowledge and skills in marketing, human resource management, finance, small business management and innovation and commercialisation. A distinctive feature of the course at Sutton Coldfield is the opportunity to develop highly sought-after skills in e-commerce and social media for business purposes. Successful students will be able to distinguish themselves in the labour market by offering potential employers a highly relevant skill set and contemporary knowledge base.
Year 1 modules:
• Business Law, Business Environment
• Business Research
• Human Resource Management
• Management Accounting
• Marketing Essentials
• Operations Management
Year 2 modules:
• Business Research
• Business Strategy
• Consumer Behavior and Insight
• International Marketing
• Organisational Behavior
• Planning for Growth
• Guest speakers from industry and live employer briefs to help you apply your skills to real life business situations.
• Practical skills-based learning – use your abilities to solve business dilemmas.
• A focus on the modern digital world of business where you will develop practical skills in the use of technology for the jobs of the future.
The tuition fee for academic year 2020-21 is £5500.
The Year 1 HNC tuition fee for academic year 2021-22 is £5,665. The Year 2 HND tuition fee for academic year 2021-22 is £5,665. Please be aware that we intend to increase tuition fees in subsequent years using the Retail Price Index (RPI-X).