Travel to college
Travel Support – NXBUS Mticket & Swift Card
We are pleased to confirm that college issued travel products can be used from 8th March 2021. We know students haven’t used these is a little while, so we have some helpful tips below to help get you back to college.
Here are a few questions and answers that should help:
Can’t log onto your Mticket app after so long? Or does your app say the session has expired?
You will need to log on and re sync your ticket wallet to use your travel pass.
Top tip – ensure you have a good internet connection and access to your college email account. You’ll need these to access your travel support.
Follow this process to log on:
- Click on log in
- Enter your college email address this will look like BMC123456789@student.bmet.ac.uk (i.e. Your college student number followed by @student.bmet.ac.uk)
- Enter the password you created for the app
As it’s been so long since you will have used your NXBUS MTicket – it will be understandable if you have forgotten the password.
Follow this process to re set your password:
- Click on ‘forgot my password’
- Enter your college email address
- A password request will be sent to your college email account
- Open your college email, check your inbox, trash and spam for an email from email@example.com
- Click on the link within the email to reset your password
- Enter your new password
- Return to the mticket app login page, enter your college email address and the new password.
Swift Card help
You’ll need to ensure that your travel product has been downloaded to your swift card.
Top tip – ensure you have a good internet connection and your device has Near Field Communication (NFC) enabled and that your NFC is switched on.
Follow this process to download your travel pass:
- Download the ‘Swift collector app’ on to a smart phone
- Once installed, place your swift card on the top half of your phone (the card can be scanned from the front or back of your phone).
- Leave the swift card on the phone for a minimum of 10 seconds. This will help the Swift Collector to read your card.
- The product will then download to the Swift Card.
If students need any further help or support, we are just a phone call or email away. Get in touch with us on 0121 446 4545 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.