Safety in college
We are working hard to ensure a safe college environment.
Updated guidance released by the DfE on 22nd February states that all students, staff and visitors should wear a face covering when in college, except where exemptions apply. To apply for an exemption, visit the Learner Landing Page.
Our expectation is that all staff and students wear face coverings in college.
Your safety is our priority and we have put some new and additional measures in place to ensure you are safe in college.
Don’t worry we are making sure you still get the same high-quality teaching and a great college experience.
Safety Measures include:
- Automatic no touch hand sanitisers in reception
- Hand sanitiser stations dotted around the college buildings
- Directional and one-way systems around all buildings
- Clear signage to encourage you to maintain your distance
- Enhanced regular cleaning across college
- Curriculum bubbles
- Classrooms, workshops, and studios set out to meet guidelines for numbers and spacing
- Perspex screens in public face-to-face areas
- Teachers and student facing staff wearing face masks
Click here to watch our return to college safety videos –
Read our BMet Unlocked guide here