The college is expected to organise three covid tests for students in college.
In this section we offer some advice and guidance on what students can expect at college.
What to expect:
Watch this short video on what to expect at a testing centre.
Before you arrive please REMEMBER to:
- Bring your mobile phone. You’ll need to provide a mobile phone number or email address so that you can register for the test. If you don’t have a mobile number, let the testing team know and someone will be able to help. Click here to find out more on the registration process.
- Wear your face covering and maintain social distancing wherever possible.
- Have signed the consent form emailed to you. Don’t worry if you forget to do this – you can also sign on the day.
When you arrive:
- Head towards the testing centre reception where you will be asked to register before taking the test. You will need to take the test before going to your lesson.
- You will be asked to register – don’t worry we will guide you through this. This is completed via your mobile phone, if you have one. Click here to view a PowerPoint on the registration process.
- You will be given your test kit and directed to the test area. You will perform the test yourself – don’t worry there are assistants to help you.
- When you have submitted your test for processing you will need to go straight to your scheduled class or leave the college building if you don’t have a lesson.
Frequently asked questions
We have put together some FAQs regarding Covid-19 testing, please click here to read them.