Statement of condition of funding 16-19 Tuition Fund
The Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) have made £96 million of one-off funding available nationally for the 2020 to 2021 academic year only. It is ring fenced funding for schools, colleges and all other 16 to 19 providers to mitigate the disruption to learning arising from coronavirus (COVID-19). The funding will support small group tuition for 16 to 19 students in English, maths, and other courses where learning has been disrupted.
Who can be supported by this fund?
The funding will support small group tuition for 16 to 19 students in English, maths, and other courses where learning has been disrupted. In line with government guidance BMet will use available funds to prioritise support for the following learners:
- students without a grade four or above in GCSE Maths and/or English (Grade 5).
- students aged 19 – 24 with SEND and an EHCP
How will the funding will be used at BMet to support learners?
We started the term (September 2020) by assessing all students so that we could quickly see where there were any knowledge gaps and thereafter quickly introduced a programme of learning split across three phases.
The rationale for this was to allow students to draw a line under last year, encourage them to accept their new starting position and to provide direction, focus and support for the academic year ahead.
The following activity has taken place:
- Each student has a learning plan to record their starting points and track their progress
- One to one and small group learning and progress discussions with a tutor to ensure each learner stays on track
- Small group tuition in Maths, English and other subjects that were disrupted during 2020 to help fill gaps in knowledge
- Online learning via Century Tech will also support learners in areas of English and Maths they are struggling with
- Additional sessions on study skills will help boost learners’ chances of success in their assignments and exams.
To read the full government guidance click here.
If you have any questions on the fund do email us at: email@example.com