Library and Learning Resource Centres
There is an LRC at all of the main colleges providing access to information and resources relevant to your course. As well as resources, you will also find individual and group study areas and extensive and up-to-date IT facilities. Resources can be borrowed using your college ID card.
In all of our LRCs we offer:
- Enquiry service to help with your resources and IT based queries
- Printing and photocopying facilities. All students receive a printing credit allocation when they start at the college. Further credits can be purchased in the libraries and Learning Resource Centres (LRCs)
- Individual quiet study areas and group work facilities
- Cross-college and inter-library loans
- Laptop loan service.
- Academic textbooks
- Fiction books
- Fiction and subject DVDs
- Access to online resources
- E books
- An IT area providing access to electronic resources Moodle and the Internet.
- Software specific to courses at the individual colleges. Please consult your college library and Learning Resource Centre for the location of PCs with specific course related software installed.
Learning Resource Centre staff are available to help you to find the resources you need and to support you to use the computers and software. You will also have the opportunity to participate in an LRC induction.
Please visit your college Learning Resource Centre for details of opening hours.
For information on any aspect of the library service please talk to the library staff or consult the Learning Resources pages on MyMet and Moodle. The Learning Resources pages on MyMet will give you all the information you need on accessing and using the resources and computers.
Phone numbers for the LRC at each college are:
James Watt – 0121 446 4545 ext. 2287
Matthew Boulton – 0121 446 4545 ext. 8036
Sutton Coldfield – 0121 446 4545 ext. 5376
Hagley Road – 0121 446 4545 etx. 3749
ADC – 0121 446 4545 ext. 3694