Professional Services Academy
Calling all future professionals! Do you want a career in business, property, law, finance or accounting? Then join the Professional Services Academy at BMet. The Professional Services Academy is based at our Matthew Boulton College in the city centre. It provides guest lectures, workshops, a mentor programme and real work experience to students studying business-related courses at all of our colleges in Birmingham and the Black Country.
The Professional Services Academy will give you the skills, knowledge and experience to pursue a career in business and professional services. We have partnered with leading firms from the financial, legal, accounting and business community who are committed to fostering the professional talent of the city for potential future employment in their sectors.
Our partners include some of the largest and most successful firms in Birmingham, including: Deloitte, Deutsche Bank, GVA, Gateley, KPMG, LaSerUK, Lloyds Bank and Wesleyan Assurance Society. You’ll enjoy guest lectures at our Matthew Boulton College, our other colleges across Birmingham and Stourbridge and a range of business venues in the region.
What qualifications will I study?
As a member of the Professional Services Academy, you will be studying one of the following qualifications at BMet:
- AS/A Levels in Law, Economics, Business Studies, Mathematics or Accounts
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Business/Law/Finance
- Certificate/Diploma in Financial Studies
- AAT Accounting Certificate (Level 2) or Accounting Diploma (Level 3).
What are the benefits?
Students in the Professional Services Academy will have the opportunity to take part in:
- Guest lectures from business leaders within our partner organisations and workshops to help expand your business knowledge and awareness
- A mentor programme where all students receive one-to-one guidance and support from professionals in the sector
- A range of visits to the Academy’s partner businesses, to gain an insight into how they are shaping the professional services sector
- Free membership of Birmingham Aspire – a network of young professionals aged 16-24 who are considering a career in Professional Services
- Real work experience through an internship programme between the first and second year of your studies.