DO YOU WANT A HIGHLY MOTIVATED, WELL-TRAINED WORKFORCE? APPRENTICES COULD BE THE ANSWER
Apprenticeships are work based programmes designed by employers for employers. They provide cost effective recruitment solutions, generate a committed and valuable workforce, increase productivity, reduce absence and can help support an ageing workforce.
WHY WORK WITH BMet?
Birmingham Metropolitan College has a long history of successful apprenticeship provision and won The Most Innovative Apprenticeship Provider of the Year 2012 awarded by BTEC and Ofsted recently graded our manufacturing technology apprenticeships as outstanding.
We currently work with over 800 employers including large international companies like Caterpillar, BMW and Samsung as well as small and medium sized regional businesses.
- Free training needs analysis
- Advice on writing apprenticeship job descriptions
- Posting of vacancies on the National Apprenticeship Service website
- Interview and assessment of potential apprentices
- Free health and safety check
- Excellent teaching and assessment
- Use of award winning facilities
- Flexible management and delivery of training
- Apprentice progress reviews
- Help with funding and paperwork
WHAT IS THE APPRENTICESHIP LEVY?
The new Apprenticeship Levy will come into effect from April 2017. Its goal is to raise £3bn per year, to fund three million apprenticeships by 2020.
All businesses with payroll bills of £3M or more will be required to contribute 0.5% of their gross PAYE, regardless of whether they currently employ apprentices. Each business affected will then have access to a £15,000 levy allowance to use on the training of approved apprenticeships.
Employers who do not qualify to pay the levy will continue to access government funding for apprenticeships, some of which will be levy funds recycled for use with SMEs.
To help you get the most from your levy allowance, our BMet experts have gathered a series of FAQs for a factsheet which can be downloaded below.
HOW EASY IS IT TO FIND AN APPRENTICE?
At BMet we provide you with your own Employment & Skills Advisor (ESA) who will assist you every step of the way. We offer a simple 6 step programme designed to take all the pressure out of recruiting an apprentice:
- Meet with an ESA from the College.
- Together you will decide on the job description, salary and working hours.
- The ESA will draft a recruitment advert which you will approve.
- The Recruitment Team will pre-screen all applicants and provide you with a shortlist.
- You will select which candidates you want to interview.
- You complete the interviews and your ESA meets with you to complete all necessary paperwork.
WHAT APPRENTICESHIPS DO WE OFFER?
With the widest selection in the Midlands whatever your business sector, we’re sure to have the right apprenticeship for you.
|Business and Professional Services||Engineering and Construction|
|Business Administration||•||•||Carpentry & Bench Joinery||•||•|
|Business Administration for Legal Secretaries||•||Electrical & Electronic Servicing (White Goods)||•|
|IT Application Specialist||•||•||Motor Vehicle||•||•|
|IT Telecomms||•||•||•||Painting and Decorating||•|
|Management & Team Leading||•||•||Plastering||•||•|
|Marketing||•||Plumbing & Heating||•||•|
|Paralegal (New Apprenticeship Standard)||•|
|Hair, Beauty and Retail||Medical and Health|
|Barbering||•||Childcare and Early Years||•||•|
|Hairdressing||•||•||Health and Social Care||•||•|
|Warehouse||•||Schools & Teaching Learning Support Assistant||•||•|
|Facilities and Hospitality Services||Sports and Horticulture|
|Cleaning and Support Services||•||Exercise and Fitness||•||•|
|Hospitality and Catering||•|
Download table as PDF
GET IN TOUCH AND FIND OUT MORE
If you would like to discuss how we can help your business secure the best of the region’s bright young talent, call Denise Hopkins, Employer Engagement Coordinator on 0121 362 2101 or email email@example.com.